Little Happy Things No. 11

So I haven't posted a whole lot lately...sorry for that. But it's been a good month, and oh my gosh, Christmas is almost here!!! I love Christmas so much, the excitement and planning and baking and anticipation, and seeing my boys soak in the wonder. We haven't gotten our tree yet (I think we are tomorrow) but I've pulled out all the glitter-covered ornaments and decorations!






:: Girly days...my friend Christa from Publish came over yesterday and we spent the day drinking coffee and buttered apple cider, making macarons, and crafting snow globes and more things covered in glitter! Days like that are really amazing and relaxing and I've decided they should happen more often!

:: Christmas present shopping! So much fun and I've got a few more projects to finish but my shopping is done! Luke says he's not finished yet and I think he's going overboard again but he's like a kid in a candy store when buying Christmas presents.

:: Baking! I have a list a mile long of all the things I usually make or the boys requested, things like gingersnaps or chocolate chip cookies or chocolate almond truffles or my Mom Mom Nora's fudge. I'm going to be busy and my kitchen will have a hard time staying clean, but we will wind up with a fridge and counter full of delicious goodies for Christmas.

:: Coziness. It's actually been cold enough here to wear sweaters and warm socks and curl up in blankets reading all day. Hot chocolate, hot coffee, hot apple cider. Soups. I love cold weather.






Buttered Hot Apple Cider

Mix a stick of softened butter with 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1/2 t. each cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Roll into a log in a sheet of plastic wrap and chill until set. Makes 8 slices.

Add 8-12 ounces hot apple cider to a shot (1 ounce) bourbon (optional). Add a slice of the butter and stir. Enjoy! You can either use apple juice heated for a few hours with mulling spices, or apple cider.

This entry was posted on 12.12.2012 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.