Little Happy Things No. 10


This year has flown by and it makes it hard to stop and enjoy all the small things along the way. How did we get to November already? Well, we're here anyway so I'd better get used to it; besides, my favorite time of the year is right around the corner! Luke came home with the movie Elf for me (he knows it's my favorite Christmas movie) and I declared it was time to start playing the Christmas music and drinking hot chocolate. 


::I'm writing again, other than a journal or an occasional email (or a Facebook status!) for the first time in a few years. In a moment of insanity, I signed up for NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but you know what? It's been good for me. There are always a few hours a day that I don't really have anything to do (other than surf the internet) and I've filled it with creating something. I will probably never let anyone read my "novel" (the quotations are because it's not even remotely novel-shaped at the moment), but I know it's there, and it's 50,000 words that I put together, wove into something new.

::Peppermint Mocha Frappuccinos. They are back at Starbucks and I had my first one of the season yesterday. They are better than I remembered.

::Coffee in general. (Am I allowed to mention the same thing twice? Who cares, it's my blog, so yes, I am.) We've been making coffee almost every night; strong dark coffee, trying out new blends and coffee creamers. I'm slowing starting to be able to drink it at night again, which is my favorite time of day to drink coffee.

::The curiosity of my boys and what they pick up amazes me. We went to the pumpkin patch a few days ago and they were beyond thrilled. They asked questions about everything, they scoured the patch for their perfect pumpkin and had the best time decorating them. Jackson was upset when he realized we came home without a pumpkin for Daddy but asked him what kind of pumpkin he wanted next year. They ask about a zillion questions a day, which if I'm being honest, gets on my nerves a lot, but I'm getting more patient with them and I'm always amazed at the things that cross their little minds. Derik was telling someone about our beach trip recently, and said there were "two beaches." When we asked him what he meant, he said one beach had water, and the other had sand. What a unique way of looking at it. :)

::The best fall weather. Usually, this time of year in the desert is still pretty hot. But we must be getting a cold winter this year, because it's already started getting chilly at night, and even the daytime has the fall nip in the air. I'm loving every second of it. I've even worn a long-sleeved shirt during the day.


What are some of your Little Happy Things right now?

This entry was posted on 11.03.2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Little Happy Things No. 10”

Jo's Mom said...

Let's see... Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Duke of Gloucester in the Fall. And hearing about my grandboys!

Love,
Mom :-)