The Most Amazing Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies. Promise.


So, I've tried a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes. And by far, this is the most amazing recipe I've ever tried, and I will never ever try another chocolate chip cookie recipe again. I wasn't kidding when I said these are the best. The original recipe is here, and the only things I've changed is the flour (I use all-purpose for all, instead of two separate flours, and add 1 T. cornstarch to mimic bread flour). I also discovered that you can make this recipe faster (because who can wait TWENTY-FOUR hours for the best cookies in the world?!) by rolling the dough into balls and chilling for about half an hour. They taste exactly the same. Also, I don't buy ridiculously expensive chocolate. I get dark/bittersweet chocolate chips and semisweet, and they taste amazing. Go make these right now...you'll thank/hate me! 







3 2/3 cups minus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 T. cornstarch
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bag dark or bittersweet chocolate chips
Sea salt.
1. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours. (Or, roll into balls, chill for 1/2 hour or so, and bake away.)
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
4. Scoop golf ball-sized balls onto baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. (My oven cooks faster and they take 15 minutes.) Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day. Eat!

This entry was posted on 9.18.2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “The Most Amazing Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies. Promise.”

mary beth said...

I am excited to try these!!! I used to make Steven Choc Chip Cookies all the time when we were dating. And I try to make him some every now and again. It is his love language. :) And thank YOU for linking up to our Recipe Swap. You're the best!