My Finished Art Room!

That's what we always called our spare room and since I can't come up with anything else, that's what my room is getting called. It's for sure better than "The Red Room." Maybe we'll go with "The Room Formerly Known as the Red Room." In any case, the room is no longer red and, if I may say so, looking fabulous!


This is how red the room was. Horrible! 




Getting ready to paint. I chose to paint one wall with chalkboard paint, and the rest of the room in Valspar Ultra White. Since it's going to double as a photo studio for me, I wanted to have a black and a white wall to photograph against. 




I love having an inspiration wall again! I always hang a combination of artwork I've done and kinda love, and pretty things I find in magazines or photographs I love. In our apartment I used pins to hang it up, but I couldn't bear to put holes in my newly painted walls just yet. So I used washi tape, which is pretty much my favorite thing ever anyway. 




The curtains are from IKEA, and I LOOOOOVE them. And the chair isn't a forever chair, but it will be a while before I can get the one I'd like. 




I put my jar of pens and pencils and my washi tape up on the windowsill. 




Jackson, exploring my "new" room. 




I love the way it turned out and can't wait to add more to it, and finish more rooms!

This entry was posted on 6.14.2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “My Finished Art Room!”

Jo's Mom said...

I vote for "The Art Room"... A creative name will spark productivity! SOOOO glad that red is gone!
:-P

Anonymous said...

I love it! Also somewhat jealous...one of these days I will have to figure out a way to have an entire room for my artsy pursuits. As it is, I'm thrilled we have a library room!