A Photo-a-Day in January

On Instagram there's been a challenge going around to take a photo a day in the month of January. I decided to go for it, and had a great time. Keeping up with something like that is hard, but while it was a challenge, it actually helps my photography and creativity improve, and helps me conquer something else I struggle with: consistency. I'm the kind of person who hates schedules, but even something as small as taking one photo every day has helped with things like remembering to vacuum the floor everyday (seriously, who thought carpet in the dining room would be a brilliant idea?!). I was sad to see the project end, but super excited when I found out a new list of photo-a-day topics was created for February!

Without further ado, here's the list of topics for January, and all the photos I took! 



1 // You

2 // Breakfast

3 // Something you adore

4 // Letterbox (the creator of the challenge is Australian; this is what they call mailboxes!)

5 // Something you wore

6 // Makes you smile

7 // Favorite

8 // Your sky

9 // Daily Routine

10 // Childhood

11 // Where you sleep

12 // Close-up

13 // In your bag

14 // Something you're reading

15 // Happiness

16 // Morning

17 // Water

18 // Something you bought

19 // Sweet

20 // Someone you love

21 // Reflection

22 // Your shoes

23 // Something old

24 // Guilty pleasure

25 // Something you made

26 // Color

27 // Lunch

28 // Light

29 // Inside your fridge

30 // Nature 

31 // You again

This entry was posted on 2.03.2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “A Photo-a-Day in January”

mary beth said...

Loved this, Jordan! I think capturing the small moments are really the biggest. It made me smile to catch a glimpse of your life. :) SO excited for your new house and all your DIY projects...when you find the time, keep posting about them!