Some Decorating Ideas

We've lived in apartments where we can't paint or do any alterations to for a while now, so up until now I haven't done much decorating. But we recently decided to slowly start decorating our apartment with things that can be moved to our new house, so I have been gathering ideas! First up for us to do is the living room!


One of the first things we're going to change at the first possible moment is our couch. The one we have has worked for a while, but it's not really our style, not really our colors, and recently has gotten more uncomfortable because of the bed in it sinking down further. When you sit on it, now you sit on the uncomfortable bar at the front! I had lots of different ideas, including buying a bright turquoise couch, but we both decided neutral colors would work better. I finally found a couch we found at a local furniture store. It's normal sofa length, with a chaise on one end. And the color will be a nice neutral charcoal gray, like this chair. (I believe this chair was from Anthropologie.)




The color of the walls (when we finally can paint!!!) is a pale blue color. These were some of my inspiration pictures (from a combination of Apartment Therapy, other home blogs, I-Have-No-Idea places, etc.). 








For accent colors, darker turquoise and little touches of red! 






(P.S. The red heart rug is from Urban Outfitters and says "Please don't leave" on it! Love!)


Finally, some of my favorite things I would love to tuck in the room:





 The first picture...terrariums! I love terrariums and have a bar separating my living/dining room and my kitchen. We don't use it for a bar because the room is so tight with our furniture, so I want to fill the whole bar with candle-filled glassware and terrariums!

Next, botanical prints. I have loved these for as long as I can remember, so I plan on having lots throughout my house.

The chair is so unusual and cool. I found it on Design*Sponge as a before and after. The seat is covered with an old burlap sack, and I've since been scouring Craigslist for an old chair that would be perfect!

Last, I love little mini displays like this, especially ones that can be changed. This is so simple to DIY! It's a short piece of wood, painted and clips nailed to it! I will definitely be making something like this in the future!

This entry was posted on 4.07.2011 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “Some Decorating Ideas”

Lydia said...

Love your design! By the way, check out pinterest.com where you can save pictures, and it remembers where they come from!

Jordan Boesch said...

I've seen a lot of people using pinterest, I'll have to check it out! And thanks! I'm really hoping to make a magazine-worthy living room (and house!) one day with lots of personality!

Lita said...

Awesome ideas! We've lived in apartments this whole time too, and while I've worked on a little bit of decorating in the past months it still have very little personality to it really. We could paint, but would have to repaint when we moved out, which just seems like too much trouble when we don't plan to stay here for a long time. I want to start a little idea book for different rooms of our future house. :)