And He Tells Me I'm Not Blonde

Yesterday I had my first kitchen "catastrophe." It's wasn't horrible, all things considered, but enough to make Luke and I both laugh for a while.

I cooked taco meat up, and transferred it to my crock pot to let it simmer all afternoon and be piping hot and ready to eat by the time Luke got home from work. I turned it on low, knowing it would get hot enough by dinnertime. Luke got home and we were heading out to the grocery store before dinner to do our shopping for the week, and I stirred the meat before we left and tasted it to make sure I'd put enough seasoning in. Hmmm...that's funny...it's slightly cold. So I turned it up on high.

We got back from the grocery store and once again I stirred the meat. What in the world? It's even colder than before!

Oh.

Ahem. I forgot to plug it in.

At least Luke has a wonderful sense of humor. :) I'll remember to plug it in tonight, I promise.



Here's today's picture, taken January 5th, down at Bethany. We have had the weirdest, warmest weather lately! It's been in the 70s and 80s! I was hoping for just a little bit of snow, at least. :P

This entry was posted on 1.16.2007 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “And He Tells Me I'm Not Blonde”

Anonymous said...

i found your blog through susan (suzsea). i had to laugh reading this. i think it's something we've all done at one time or another.
we are getting your snow here in washington--it's snowing today and weather reports telling us to all stay put and not leave home because we here in western washington, do not know how to drive in the snow.

blessings, mari

Anonymous said...

ROFL!! Jo, I can so see myself doing the same thing. One time I was making a pound cake (and you know how long those take to bake!)late at night...and I forgot to turn the oven on. Came back half an hour and stared in perplexity at the still flat cake. Ha. Ha. :-P